Total Amount Donated
About West End House
West End House is an independent Boys & Girls Club in the City of Boston. Our mission is to inspire and enable youth, particularly those from disadvantaged backgrounds, to reach their full potential as productive and responsible citizens. We provide research-based, outcomes-driven programs to 1,500 youth ages 7 to 24 who reside in Boston’s most underserved neighborhoods. With 75% of West End House families earning less than $25,000 per year and 70% of the young people served coming from single-parent households, we are truly reaching the children and teens most in need.
Our high-impact programs provide opportunities in critical areas of youth development, ensuring that our young people are succeeding academically, exploring and mastering the arts, developing career readiness skills and adopting healthy lifestyles.
- 90% of our elementary school age youth read at grade level
- 96% of our high school seniors graduated and 91% of them enrolled in college
- We provide employment for 60 West End House teens year-round
- 64% of youth in our visual and performing arts programs progress beyond the beginner level.
- We serve more than 96,000 nutritious meals annually
- We provide 4,480 hours of fitness programming
Follow us on Twitter -
105 Allston St
Other local charities
Over 12,000 homeless men, women, and children are cared for by Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program each year.
Rise Against Hunger is driven by the vision of a world without hunger. Our mission is to end hunger in our lifetime by providing food and life-changing aid to the world’s most vulnerable and creating a global commitment to mobilize the necessary resources